The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA) is performing curb box inspections throughout the City of Pittsburgh to identify the pipe material of PWSA water service lines. These inspections will determine where PWSA may replace its service lines that are made of lead.
*Inspections will take place at the following locations between July 13 – July 27, 2017
- East Jefferson Street (Federal Street – Saturn Way)
- Carrington Street (Federal Street – Saturn Way)
- Alpine Avenue (Charlick Way – Monterey Street)
- Jacksonia Street (Charlick Way – Buena Vista Street)
- Sampsonia Street (Charlick Way – Buena Vista Street)
- Arch Street (East Jefferson Street – Sampsonia Street)
- Pryor Way (East Jefferson Street – Alpine Avenue)
- Veto Street (Jacksonia Street – Sampsonia Street)
- Sherman Avenue (Jacksonia Street – Sampsonia Street)
- Saturn Way (West Jefferson Street – Carrington Street)
- Garfield Avenue (Armandale Street – Jacksonia Street)
- West Jefferson Street (Saturn Way – Buena Vista Street)
- Armandale Street (Saturn Way – Brighton Street)
- Monterey Street (West Jefferson Street – Sampsonia Street)
- Buena Vista Street (Armandale Street – Sampsonia Street)
- Wolpert Way (Armandale Street – Jacksonia Street)
*Please note that the schedule is weather dependent and subject to change.
Door hangers have been posted 1-2 weeks before curb box inspection work will be completed. No-parking signs have been posted 24-48 hours before work will be completed. No interruption of water service is anticipated.
Letters will be sent to residents regarding the results of the inspection.
Any customer who needs additional information should call PWSA Emergency Dispatch 24/7 at 412.255.2423