The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA) is replacing lead water service lines throughout the City of Pittsburgh to reduce exposure to lead in drinking water. PWSA will coordinate with customers to replace both portions of the lead service line when possible.
*Replacements will take place at the following locations from April 8 – April 12, 2019:
- Hemphill Street (Perrysville Avenue – Semicir Street)
- Richey Street (Perrysville Avenue – Ruggles Street)
- Dunlap Street (Perrysville Avenue – Ruggles Street)
- Defoe Street (Hemphill Street – Perrysville Avenue)
- Venture Street (Oklahoma Street – Perrysville Avenue)
- East Street (Evergreen Road – Baytree Street)
- Semicir Street
- Hemphill Street (Semicir Street – Perrysville Avenue)
- Bishop Street (Chislett Street – Antietam Street)
- Standish Street (Chislett Street – Antietam Street)
- Manistee Street (Chislett Street – Antietam Street)
- Jancey Street (Martha Street – Bryant Street)
- Chislett Street (Greenwood Street – Witherspoon Street)
- Antietam Street (Witherspoon Street – Greenwood Street)
- Climax Street (Hartcourt Way – Allen Street)
- Walter Street (East Warrington Avenue – Lillian Way)
- Lillian Street (Beltzhoover Avenue – Arlington Avenue)
*Please note that the schedule is weather dependent and subject to change.
Any customer who needs additional information should call the PWSA Lead Help Desk at 412-255-8987 or email at LeadHelp@pgh2o.com.
This program has been made possible with a $49 million funding package from the Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority (PENNVEST). PWSA will replace 4,500 lead service lines throughout its water distribution system while avoiding harmful partial lead line replacements. Since July 2016, PWSA has replaced over 3,000 public lead service lines and nearly 1,600 private lines.
PWSA’s Lead Help Desk team coordinates on an individual basis with customers receiving lead service line replacements. Customer outreach for this program began in Fall of 2018.
For more information on the Community Lead Response, go to lead.pgh2o.com