With summer around the corner, you may be using more water than usual for outdoor gardening and home maintenance.
To track your household’s real-time water use, enroll in our free customer usage portal. You’ll be able to see daily water usage updates and set up alerts for spikes in water usage. Leaking hoses, irrigation systems, or spigots can waste a lot of water, so detecting and repairing outdoor leaks can help you reduce your water bills.
Following these water conservation tips can also help you save money:
- Sweep your sidewalk, steps, and driveway instead of hosing off those areas.
- Water your plants in the morning or early evening to reduce water lost to evaporation.
- Use an automatic shut-off nozzle for your gardening hose to control the flow.
- Set sprinklers to water the lawn or garden only – not the street or sidewalk.
- Wash your car using water from a bucket over your lawn or a commercial car wash that recycles water.
Learn more at Pgh2o.com/WaterConservation.