This project, in the Highland Park neighborhood of the City of Pittsburgh, will replace approximately 550 feet of aging water main, providing more reliable water service to our customers. This site was scheduled for replacement after several water main breaks occurred over the past year. As part of the main replacement, we will replace all public water service lines, including lead water service lines, with a non-lead material.
Progress & Status
- Restoration work continues.
- Crews have completed sewer lining to prolong the life of the sewer before completion all restoration work.
The Project Information Sheet shared with residents at the pre-construction community meeting here.
PWSA and our contractors are following strict guidelines established by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health related to the COVID-19 pandemic. The following measures are to protect the health of our employees, contractors, and you, our customer. As long as it is recommended by the CDC and PA Department of Health, all our work will occur under the following guidelines:
- Workers will undergo health screenings.
- All employees will maintain social distancing in the execution of their work, including when communicating with our customers.
- All employees will wear face masks during their work.
- All work surfaces our workers are in contact with will be sanitized prior to leaving the work site.
- All work sites will be provided with portable hand-wash facilities or hand sanitizer.
If a private lead service line is found at your home, we will replace the line with a non-lead material. This will require some contractors and a Lead Help Liaison to enter your home. If property entry must occur, our contractors and Lead Help staff will follow the guidelines above in addition to these measures:
- The Lead Help staff will reach out to you via phone call before a scheduled home visit and will ask you the same health screening questions we ask our workers. If there are any health concerns, we will reschedule the visit.
- Limit the number of people entering the home.
- Any necessary in-person discussions will occur at a safe distance or will take place outdoors, if possible.
- Questions regarding lead service line replacement work can be directed to our dedicated Lead Help Desk, at 412.255.8987 or at LeadHelp@pgh2o.com.
Locations & Schedule
Start Date: May 2020
Completion Date: August 2020
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Traffic Patterns: The street will be closed to local traffic during working hours and will be plated and re-opened at the end of the work day. We recommend residents park on N. Euclid Avenue.