We're kicking off 2021 with an improved billing and payment system to make receiving, viewing, and paying your bill more streamlined, easy, and convenient. This modernized system is a vast improvement from our former bill pay system, so we encourage you to explore the changes and step-by-step instructions for using these enhanced options below.
Starting January 1, 2021:
New Online One-Time Payment Portal
Starting Friday, January 1, 2021, our new EZ-PAY portal will help residential and commercial customers make quick, one-time payments online using their credit card, debit card, or bank account information.
You will not need to log in or enroll in our paperless billing and payment portal to make an online one-time payment. Please note that a third-party service fee will apply for commercial customers.
New Retail Cash Payment System
Starting Friday, January 1, 2021, our new retail cash payment system will work at more retail locations, including 7-Eleven, Family Dollar, Dollar General, and CVS Pharmacy, so that customers have additional convenient options for paying their bill.
How to Pay with Cash at Retail Locations
- Find the EZ-Payslip barcode on the back of your bill or visit our online EZ-PAY portal to search for retail cash payment locations and create a reusable EZ-Payslip to print or save on your phone.
- Take the EZ-Payslip on your bill or your reusable EZ-Payslip to your selected retail location to pay with cash.
- Tell the cashier the amount you wish to pay (a $1.49 processing fee is added).
- Done! Save your receipt as proof of payment.
New Pay by Phone System
Starting Friday, January 1, 2021, our new automated pay by phone system will help customers make one-time payments using their credit card, debit card, or bank account information. Customers will have the option to fast track future payments by saving a call-in phone number associated with their account and payment method.
How to Pay by Phone
- Call 412-255-2423 and press option 2, then follow the automated prompts.
- Enter your 14 digit account number without the dash, then your 5 digit mailing ZIP Code.
- Enter your payment amount and then enter your credit card, debit card, or bank account information. Enter your phone number to receive a text receipt.
- Done! Save your text receipt as proof of payment.
New Paperless Billing and Payment Portal
Starting Tuesday, January 5, 2021, our new electronic billing and payment portal will help customers enrolled in paperless billing easily view their bill, make one-time payments, set up recurring payments, and manage notifications.
- Residential customers will be able to use credit cards, debit cards, and bank accounts to make online payments in the new paperless portal, while commercial customers will be able to use bank accounts.
- By enrolling in our paperless billing portal, you will receive your monthly bills via email instead of by mail.
- The new portal will contain new bills and bill inserts from January 2021 onward, as well as 12 months of historical bills transferred from the previous portal, so you can view and print bills at your convenience.
If you were already enrolled in paperless billing, we transferred your account to the new portal and sent you an email with login instructions.
- Residential customers will need to re-enter any credit or debit card information in their account wallet and then set up any card autopay schedules again because that data was not transferred from the previous paperless portal.
- Bank account information and bank autopay settings were transferred automatically.
If you are experiencing issues creating a new password on our new portal, please make sure that your password includes at least 1 of these special characters: @ # % ^ _ + = (Other special characters like ! ? $ & * cannot be used).
How to Use the New Paperless Billing and Payment Portal
How to Complete the Transfer of Your Existing Paperless Account
If you were enrolled in our previous paperless billing portal, we transferred your account to the new portal on Monday, January 4, 2021 and sent you an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with login instructions. Your email address will be your new username and you will need to create a new password.
Part 1: Create a New Password
- Navigate to our Forgot Password page on the new portal.
- Enter the email address that was associated with your account on our previous portal, then click “Continue”.
- Check your email for the first verification code from email@example.com. It may take a few minutes to arrive. If you do not receive the code, please check your spam folder.
- Enter the code on the portal to verify your email address, then click “Verify” to access the Password Reset page.
- Create a password that meets the listed minimum requirements. The password requirements include the use of a special character and restrict the special characters that can be used:
- At least 8 characters
- At least 1 number
- At least 1 uppercase letter
- At least 1 lowercase letter
- At least 1 of these special characters: @ # % ^ _ + =
- Please note: Other special characters such as ! ? $ & * cannot be used.
- Confirm your new password, then click “Continue” to finish setting your password.
Part 2: Log in to the New Portal
- Once your new password is set, click “Continue” to be taken to the portal login page.
- Enter your email address and new password, then click “Sign In”.
- Check your email for the second verification code from firstname.lastname@example.org; it may take a few minutes to receive this new code. If you do not receive the code, please check your spam folder.
- Enter the new code on the portal to verify your login info. If desired, check the “Don’t ask again on this computer” box to turn off two-step verification for future logins. Then click “Verify” to finish logging in for the first time.
Part 3: Re-enter Any Credit or Debit Card Info or AutoPays
- If you had credit or debit card information saved in the previous portal, re-enter that information in the new portal’s Wallet. Bank account information was transferred.
- If you had credit or debit card AutoPays scheduled in the previous portal, re-enter that information on the new portal’s AutoPay page. Bank account AutoPays were transferred. When you set up AutoPay, it will only be applied to new bills, so you will need to manually pay any current bills.
How to Add Another PWSA Account to Your Paperless Account
- Sign in to the new paperless billing portal, then click on "Your Home" in the top menu.
- Select the "Account Preferences" button under "Quick Links"
- Click the "Add Account" button.
- Enter your 14 digit account number without the dash, the first 5 digits of your mailing ZIP Code, and a nickname for the account, then click "Save".
How to Set Up Payment Information in Your Wallet
- Sign in to the new paperless billing portal, click "Wallet" in the top menu.
- Click the "Add" button in your wallet, then select your payment type.
- Enter your credit card, debit card, or bank account information, then click "Save".
How to Make an Enrolled One-Time Payment
- Sign in to the new paperless billing portal, then click the "View & Pay" button on your dashboard.
- Review your bill then click the "Pay Now" button above your bill.
- Enter your payment amount, select a payment date, select or enter your payment information, then click "Continue".
- Review your payment details, then click "Pay".
- Done! Save your receipt as proof of payment.
How to Set Up AutoPay
When you set up AutoPay, it will only be applied to new bills, not current bills. You will need to manually pay any current bills. AutoPay will take effect for the next billing cycle starting the next business day and will continue until you cancel it.
- Sign in to the new paperless billing portal, then click "AutoPay" on the menu bar.
- Click the "Create AutoPay" button. If the button is not available, you need to add a payment card or bank account to your wallet before setting up AutoPay.
- Select your 14 digit account number and your payment card or bank account.
- Edit the default AutoPay start and end dates, payment amount, and payment date to match your preferences, then click the "Save" button. The default AutoPay settings will pay the full bill amount up to a maximum of $50,000.00 for bank accounts and $500.00 for credit or debit cards.
Changes to Billing & Payments
- After Thursday, December 31, 2020, our previous paperless billing and payment portal and one-time payment portal will no longer be available. Customer payments scheduled for after December 31, 2020 will not be processed on our previous portal and must be re-entered on our new paperless portal starting January 5, 2021.
- Starting Friday, January 1, 2021, customers will be able to make payments using our new online one-time payment portal, additional retail locations for cash payments, and our improved automated pay by phone system.
- Starting Tuesday, January 5, 2021, customers will be able to sign in to or enroll in our new paperless billing and payment portal. If you were already enrolled in paperless billing, we transferred your account to the new portal and sent you an email with login instructions. Credit and debit card information and card autopay settings were not transferred from the previous paperless portal, but bank account information and bank autopay settings were transferred automatically.
- Starting Tuesday, January 5, 2021, bills with the same mailing address will be bundled into a large plain envelope for customers with multiple service accounts.
What's Staying the Same:
- Customers not enrolled in paperless billing will continue to receive their statements by mail.
- Customers will continue to be able to mail payments to PWSA.
- Customers will still be able to make automated payments from their bank account with Zipcheck.
Other Ways to Pay
Visit our Other Ways to Pay page to learn how to pay a bill by phone, by visiting our 1200 Penn Avenue office, with Zipcheck, or with cash at any 7-Eleven, Family Dollar, Dollar General, or CVS Pharmacy location.