The purpose of the Water and Sewer Use Application is for PWSA to review peak daily flow calculations for a proposed development. The flows determine the tapping fee amount and if additional sewage facilities planning is required.
Sewage facilities planning is complicated! We have created a handy flow chart to help applicants understand how PWSA evaluates their water and sewer use application.
PWSA requires that a Water and Sewer Use Application be completed by the applicant to confirm the amount of water and sewage flow from a development in the following scenarios:
- New water and/or sewer tap(s) for residential development larger than one single family residential unit
- New water and/or sewer tap(s) for all proposed subdivisions
- New water and/or sewer tap(s) for all proposed multi-units, commercial, industrial, and institutional developments
- Change of use of facility/property
- Increase in flows to an existing connection to a PWSA sewer
The Water and Sewer Use Application is to be submitted and approved by PWSA prior to the submission of a DEP Sewage Facilities Planning Module.
A Water and Sewer Use Application must be completed and electronically submitted to PWSA via e-Builder after your pre-development meeting. Several documents must also be submitted with the application including:
- Project narrative - describe the building uses, existing flows, projects, flows and tapping locations
- Flow calculations - provide engineered stamped calculations of the amount of water and sewer flows for the project
- Site plan or tap-in plans - tap-in plans may be submitted at this stage if available
- Plumbing plans - provide internal plumbing schematic
- Floor plans - provide floors plans to confirm use of structure