Account & Billing Info

We have provided several convenient ways for you to review and pay your bill. You can also check your water usage, change a billing address, or update your household's contact information for water emergencies and outages. Scroll to the bottom of the page for information about applying for a refund, submitting a data protection release, and understanding your customer rights.

Pay Your Bill

Visit our Pay Your Bill Online page to learn how to make a quick one-time payment online or enroll in our electronic billing and payment portal to receive your monthly bills via email and to make enrolled one-time or recurring payments.

Visit our Other Ways to Pay page to learn how to pay your bill by phone, with Zipcheck, or with cash at 7-Eleven, Family Dollar, Dollar General, CVS Pharmacy, Walgreens, and Walmart Supercenter MoneyCenter locations.

Understanding Your Bill

Visit our Understanding Your Bill page to view the layout of your bill and learn about reasons why monthly bill amounts may change.

Check Your Water Usage

Our Customer Usage Portal is a free tool that helps customers track their real-time water usage and receive alerts when there is a spike in water usage. Setting usage alerts can help you detect costly water leaks in your property. To learn more about how to track your real-time water usage and receive usage alerts, please visit our Check Your Water Usage page.

Change or Add a Billing Address

To change your account's billing address, please complete and return the Owner/Tenant Change of Address Form. If a tenant is being added to an account, both the owner and tenant must sign the form. 

The completed form must be emailed to or mailed to:  

Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA)
ATTN: Customer Service
1200 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

Please allow 5 business days for processing. For tenants, a monthly invoice will be sent to the tenant and a copy will be sent to the owner.

Update Your Contact Information

Did you know that we call customers during water emergencies and outages? It is important to verify that we have the best number to reach you. You can add multiple numbers for your account, so your entire household is informed about our work. 

You can update your information online by submitting our Update Contact Information webform or you can call Customer Service at 412-255-2423 (Press 5). We are committed to maintaining and protecting the confidentiality and privacy of our customers and will not share your information with third party vendors.

Self-Report Meter Reading

If we are currently not receiving automatic reads from your water meter and cannot generate a bill based on actual meter readings, we will send you a letter with instructions to visit our Self-Report Meter Reading page.

Application for Refund

Visit our Application for Refund page for information about applying for a refund if you have a credit on your account. 

Data Protection Release

Fill out our Data Protection Release form to access your account information history or give authorization to a third party to view your account information.


Unpaid water and/or wastewater charges are a lien on the property, independent of whether the service is provided to a Tenant or other Non-Owner Occupants. Visit our Liens page for more information.

Affidavit of Vacancy

Our Affidavit of Vacancy is used to reduce billed charges when a property has been vacant for a specified period of time. If asked to submit this affidavit, please fill out the top portion, then take the form to a Notary Public to complete the middle portion.

The completed form may be emailed to or mailed to:  

Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA)
ATTN: Customer Service
1200 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

Customer Rights

Visit our Customer Rights page for information on consumer protections and opportunities and Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission oversight.

Looking for Information About Starting or Stopping Service or Water Meter Changes?

Please visit our Service Changes page for information about starting or stopping service, water meter replacements, and water meter sizing.