All property owners who wish to sell a property with a billing account in our service areas must submit a final bill application. The form must be submitted to us within seven to ten (7-10) working days prior to the closing date upon the sale of a property.
You can fill in the webform at the bottom of this webpage or you can print out this Final Bill Application and mail or email the completed form to:
Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA)
1200 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact Customer Service at 412-255-2423 (Press 5).
Please Note the Following:
- Final bills are only necessary when there is a sale of a property or when there is a change of deed/ownership. They should not be requested when a tenant is vacating a property or when an owner is refinancing.
- Please note that any active Zipcheck accounts associated with the property in question will be closed upon receipt of a completed application.
- Incomplete or incorrect forms will be returned for completion or correction.
- Final bills will be issued within seven to ten (7-10) working days of the receipt of the completed application, unless the installation of an automated meter reading device is necessary.
- Final Bill Applications will not be taken over the telephone. All requests must be submitted in writing via a completed form, and only one application per account will be accepted. (This one application rule does not apply to commercial accounts with more than one domestic, or domestic and fire line, services.)
- Please provide the current owner’s account number on the application. If the account number is not available, please provide the ward, block and lot number.
- Please provide a meter reading from the internal or crock water meter (black plastic or copper base); do not read the gas meter.
- Please indicate whether you would like the final bill to be emailed, mailed, or picked up at PWSA’s 1200 Penn Avenue location.
- A $20.30 service fee will be assessed to each final bill and is payable at the time of the closing. Please do not send payment with the Final Bill Application.
- When paying the service fee, please ensure the account number and/or service address is listed on the final form of payment for processing.
Online Final Bill Application Form
A $20.30 service fee will be assessed to each final bill. This application must be received seven to ten (7-10 days) working days prior to closing.