Special Notice: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our billing counter is closed until further notice.
Bills can still be paid online, by mail, by phone, or with cash at 7-Eleven, Family Dollar, Dollar General, CVS Pharmacy, and Walgreens locations using the EZ-Payslip service.
You can pay your bill using one of the convenient options listed below.
Pay by Phone
Starting Friday, January 1, 2021, you can use our new automated pay by phone system to make one-time payments using your credit card, debit card, or bank account information. You will have the option to fast-track future payments by saving a call-in phone number associated with your account and payment method.
Please note that a third-party service fee will apply for commercial (non-residential) customers.
How to Pay by Phone
- Call 412-255-2423 and press option 2 (or call 1-833-660-1366 directly), then follow the automated prompts.
- Enter your 14 digit account number without the dash, then your 5 digit mailing ZIP Code.
- Enter your payment amount and then enter your credit card, debit card, or bank account information. Enter your phone number to receive a text receipt.
- Done! Save your text receipt as proof of payment.
Please note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our billing counter is closed until further notice.
We accept bill payments by money orders, cashier’s checks, credit cards, and debit cards at our Customer Service Center at 1200 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. We accept walk-in payments Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
Pay with Cash at Convenient Retail Locations
Starting Friday, January 1, 2021, you can use our new EZ-Payslip service to quickly and conveniently pay your bill with cash at additional retail locations, including 7-Eleven, Family Dollar, Dollar General, CVS Pharmacy, and Walgreens.
How to Pay with Cash at Retail Locations
- Find the EZ-Payslip barcode on the back of your bill or visit our online EZ-PAY portal to search for retail cash payment locations and create a reusable EZ-Payslip to print or save on your phone.
- Take the EZ-Payslip on your bill or your reusable EZ-Payslip to your selected retail location to pay with cash.
- Tell the cashier the amount you wish to pay (a $1.49 processing fee is added).
- Done! Save your receipt as proof of payment.
Pay with Zipcheck
Set automated payments from your bank account with Zipcheck using the Zipcheck Authorization Form.
Common Zipcheck Questions
What is Zipcheck?
Zipcheck is an automated bill payment program that allows you to pay your bill via automatic deductions from your designated bank account.
How does Zipcheck work?
Once you register for the program and provide a voided check or a savings deposit slip, your invoices will be paid automatically from your bank account. If you want to cancel this service or change your account information, you must notify us in writing prior to your due date.
How can I track my bills?
Even though your financial institution manages your payment, you will still receive a bill twenty (20) days before the due date. The payment will be directly deducted from your account on or shortly after the monthly due date designated on your bill.
What are the advantages of Zipcheck?
Your bills will automatically be paid on time. There is no charge per transaction; it is a free service provided to all of our customers.
How do I sign up for Zipcheck?
- Fill out and sign the Zipcheck Authorization Form (keep a copy for your records).
- If this is a new request or change, please provide a voided check or a savings deposit slip for our records.
- Mail or deliver Zipcheck information to:
Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA)
ATTN: Customer Service
1200 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
PWSA is not responsible for any fees your bank may charge you in order to participate in the Zipcheck program.
All charges, terms and conditions are subject to change.
Please contact Customer Service at 412-255-2423 (Press 5) with any questions regarding our Zipcheck program.
Looking for Information About Paying Your Bill Online?
Visit our New Bill Pay System page to learn how to make a quick one-time payment on our EZ-PAY portal or enroll in our electronic billing and payment portal to receive your monthly bills via email and to make enrolled one-time or recurring payments.