Crews place boulders as part of Saw Mill Run Stream Restoration Project.
As Allegheny County moved into the yellow phase of reopening and “Stay at Home Orders” were adjusted, we resumed our planned construction projects.
Water mains, stormwater management systems, and other large-scale work will take place to ensure reliable service for customers. Throughout the shut-down, PWSA worked closely with construction firms, City departments, and other utilities to reassess work plans and prepare COVID-19 safety protocols for when construction could resume.
In May and June, we resumed work on the following projects:
- Lead Service Line Replacements: lead.pgh2o.com
- Highland Park – Restoration of Reservoir Wall: pgh2o.com/highland-i-reservoir-security-improvements
- Saw Mill Run Stream Restoration: pgh2o.com/SawMillRun
- Volunteers Field Stormwater Project: pgh2o.com/VolunteersField
- Greystone Drive Water Main Replacement Project:
- Street and Sidewalk Restoration: pgh2o.com/paving
PWSA and its contractors are following strict guidelines established by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health related to the pandemic during all construction work. The following measures are to protect the health of our employees, contractors, and customers. As long as it is recommended by the CDC and PA Department of Health, all work will occur under the following guidelines:
- All workers will undergo daily health screenings prior to reporting to work.
- All employees will maintain social distancing in the execution of their work, including when communicating with customers.
- All employees will wear face masks during their work.
- All work surfaces our workers are in contact with will be sanitized prior to leaving the work site.
- All work sites will be provided with portable hand-wash facilities or hand sanitizer.
Although delays have impacted 2020 construction schedules, PWSA will continue to implement its over $200 million capital improvement program to ensure safe and reliable service for customers. To learn more about all PWSA projects, find contact info for local construction work, and to visit the Search All Projects page, visit pgh2o.com.