After we complete a water or sewer repair, we must then come back and repave or re-concrete the area we impacted as part of our work. This multi-million dollar effort improves streets and sidewalks throughout our service area as a result of our work underground.
We are responsible for asphalt and concrete replacement after emergency water and sewer repairs or infrastructure upgrade projects. When a job is complete, the location is given to the restoration contract, which sends asphalt, concrete, and line painting crews out to restore the area to its former condition. When work happens on your street, it may be a few weeks until paving and concrete crews return. Crews move in an orderly fashion around our service area completing work, focusing on all the locations in one area before moving onto the next.
Progress & Status
PWSA and our contractors are following strict guidelines established by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health related to the pandemic. The following measures are to protect the health of our workers, contractors, and you, our customer. As long as it is recommended by the CDC and PA Department of Health, all our work will occur under the following guidelines:
- Review and adhere to the PWSA Pandemic Preparedness Plan: COVID-19;
- Abide by requirements set forth by the Pennsylvania Department of Health;
- In addition to the above, Contractors shall abide by the following PWSA requirements:
- Have a Designated Representative to oversee the implementation of the contractor COVID-19 Safety Plan.
- Have a screening process that includes temperature screenings or utilize the PWSA screening process.
- Ensure work locations have proper handwashing facilities (if not working within a PWSA facility).
- Meet signage requirements set forth by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Self-report any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 prior to coming onsite.
Locations & Schedule
Throughout our service area
Work Schedule: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm, M-F
Traffic Patterns: Street closures and no parking may be necessary to complete paving work.