This project, in the Central Oakland neighborhood of the City of Pittsburgh, will will replace portions of water mains on several streets, providing more reliable water service to our customers.
Progress & Status
Crews will replace water mains on the streets below. Work will begin in June 2022.
PWSA's project team presented at the Oakland Planning and Development Corporation's May meeting. You can view the presentation here.
Water mains will be replaced on the following streets:
- Parkview Avenue (Semple Street - Boulevard of the Allies) - crews are installing the new water main
- Mckee Place (Forbes Avenue - Bates Street) - crews are installing the new water main
- Coltart Avenue (Forbes Avenue - Louisa Street) - crews are verifying service line materials
- Chesterfield Road - 5th Avenue - Terrace Place) - crews are verifying service line materials
- Oakland Avenue (Bates Street - Dawson Street)
- Pier Street (Oakland Avenue - Bouquet Street)
- Ophelia Street (Hamlet Street - Craft Place)
Bedford Dwellings locations:
- Tulsa Street
- White Street
Locations & Schedule
Start Date: June 2022
Completion Date: Spring 2023
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Traffic Patterns: Streets will be closed to traffic during working hours and will be reopened at the end of a work day.