This project, in the Central Oakland neighborhood of the City of Pittsburgh, will will replace portions of water mains on several streets, providing more reliable water service to our customers.
Progress & Status
PWSA's project team presented at the Oakland Planning and Development Corporation's May meeting. You can view the presentation here.
Crews will perform work on the following streets in the Oakland area:
- Parkview Avenue (Semple Street - Boulevard of the Allies) - crews are installing new service lines
- Mckee Place (Forbes Avenue - Bates Street) - crews are installing new service lines
- Coltart Avenue (Forbes Avenue - Louisa Street) - crews are installing new service lines
- Chesterfield Road - 5th Avenue - Terrace Place) - crews are installing the new water main
- Pier Street (Oakland Avenue - Bouquet Street) - crews are installing new service lines
- Ophelia Street (Hamlet Street - Craft Place) - crews are verifying service line materials
- Oakland Avenue (Bates Street - Dawson Street) - crews are testing the new water main
Bedford Dwellings locations:
- Tulsa Street - upcoming
- White Street - upcoming
Locations & Schedule
Start Date: June 2022
Completion Date: Spring 2023
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Traffic Patterns: Streets will be closed to traffic during working hours and will be reopened at the end of a work day.