This project - spanning across the Central Business District, Uptown, and Oakland - will replace over two miles of water mains on Forbes Avenue and Fifth Avenue. As part of this work, we will replace any lead service lines found while replacing the water mains.
Progress & Status
Crews are currently working at the following locations:
- Fifth Avenue
- Sixth Avenue - Chatham Square: new water main is being tested
- Chatham Square - Magee Street: water main is being constructed
- Magee Street - Stevenson Street: new water main is being tested
- Stevenson Street - Birmingham Bridge: service lines are being installed
- Forbes Avenue
- Sixth Avenue - Magee Street: new water main is being tested
- Magee Street - Van Braam Street: water main is being constructed
- Van Braam Street - Seneca Street: sidewalks are being restored
- Seneca Street - Moultrie Street: new water main is being tested
- Moultrie Street - Birmingham Bridge: water main is being constructed
Work on these streets will begin with service line inspections, which will help crews to identify lead service lines. Property owners will be contacted if they have a lead service line to coordinate replacement at no cost. Work will be done in block-to-block increments and crews will maintain one lane of traffic on both Fifth Avenue and Forbes Avenue throughout construction.
PWSA has attended the following meetings in preparation for the Fifth and Forbes Project:
Locations & Schedule
Forbes Avenue, Fifth Avenue
Start Date: May 2021
Completion Date: May 2022
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, hours may vary
Traffic Patterns: Street will be restricted to one lane of traffic during work. Crews will work one block at a time.
Forbes Avenue & Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219