This project - spanning across the Central Business District, Uptown, and Oakland - will replace over two miles of water mains on Forbes Avenue and Fifth Avenue. As part of this work, we will replace any lead service lines found while replacing the water mains.
Progress & Status
Notice: Crews will complete water main work on Wyandotte Street Saturday, July 17th, from 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. The street will be completely closed to traffic during this time. Crews will work on weekends in this area to complete work on the dead end street as quickly as possible.
Crews are currently working at the following locations:
- Fifth Avenue
- Diamond Street - Chatham Square: service lines are being verified
- Pride Street - Vine Street: service lines are being verified
- Vine Street - Moultrie Street: water main is being constructed
- Moultrie Street - Birmingham Bridge: water main is being constructed
- Forbes Avenue
- Sixth Avenue - Magee Street: water main is being constructed
- Magee Street - Stevenson Street: service lines are being verified
- Stevenson Street - Pride Street: water main is being constructed
- Marion Street - Van Braam Street: service lines are being verified
- Van Braam Street - Miltenberger Street: water main is being constructed
- Miltenberger Street - Birmingham Street: water main is being constructed
- Wyandotte Street: Crews will begin inspecting service lines and installing water main on Saturday, July 17th. Work on this street will occur on weekends only.
Work on these streets will begin with service line inspections, which will help crews to identify lead service lines. Property owners will be contacted if they have a lead service line to coordinate replacement at no cost. Work will be done in block-to-block increments and crews will maintain one lane of traffic on both Fifth Avenue and Forbes Avenue throughout construction.
PWSA has attended the following meetings in preparation for the Forbes and Fifth Project:
Locations & Schedule
Forbes Avenue, Fifth Avenue
Start Date: May 2021
Completion Date: May 2022
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, hours may vary
Traffic Patterns: Street will be restricted to one lane of traffic during work. Crews will work one block at a time.
Forbes Avenue & Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219