As part of the 2022 Sewer Reconstruction Program, PWSA will replace the sewer and water mains located within Fuchsia Way as shown in the figure below. The Wilkinsburg-Penn Joint Water Authority (WPJWA) will also replace the water main located within their service area.
Progress & Status
Work will include:
- Full reconstruction of sewer main, manholes, and catch basins
- Partial replacement of private sewer laterals as determined by replacement authorizations
- Full replacement of PWSA and WPJWA water main
- PWSA will replace lead service lines as identified
- Restoration of street and any impacted sidewalks
Week of 8/15:
Water main replacement is currently underway in Phase One of the project following successful sewer main replacement work.
- Sewer and water main replacement on the first half of the 7300 blocks of Race and Monticello Streets
- Sewer and water main replacement on the second half of the 7300 blocks of Race and Monticello Streets
- Sewer and water main replacement on the 7400 blocks of Race and Monticello Streets
Locations & Schedule
Start Date: April 2022
Completion Date: September 2022