To maintain the open Highland I Reservoir as a public amenity, we are constructing several projects to meet stricter state water quality regulations and security improvements. These projects will improve the security of our drinking water.
Progress & Status
Restoration of the parapet wall around the Highland I Reservoir
- Construction of the parapet wall is mostly complete. The contractor is finishing the caulking of the joints along the wall and is completing the installation of the railing.
- Once the contractor finishes this remaining work, the City's paving contractor will restore the walkway around the reservoir.
- While construction is taking place, the walkway around the reservoir will remain closed.
- Installation of ultraviolet disinfection at the Membrane Filtration Plant (MFP) on Reservoir Drive
- Installation of security cameras to provide a 360-degree view of the reservoir and surrounding walkway
Press Release: Restoration of Parapet Wall Begins
Locations & Schedule
Start Date: Spring 2019
Completion Date: Summer 2020
Work Schedule: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
Traffic Patterns: The walkway around the Highland I Reservoir is closed