The Lawn and Ophelia Parklet is a city-owned park located in the South Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh. This stormwater project will help to manage 1.5 inches of rain from 1.86 acres of impervious surfaces like roofs and pavement using green infrastructure.
Progress & Status
After conducting an internal review of an earlier design for this project, we completed the planning process with a new, more cost-effective concept to manage stormwater. The revised design includes:
- A rain garden located within the parklet
- Subsurface stormwater detention (storage) beneath the rain garden
- Additional trees
- A surface path
- Seating blocks in the park
- A crosswalk at the intersection of Lawn and Ophelia street
- Drainage improvements in the public right-of-way on Lawn and Ophelia streets
- This project is partially funded by ALCOSAN’s GROW grant program.
Locations & Schedule
Start Date: Construction expected to start in June 2022.
Completion Date: Construction expected complete in Fall 2022.