This sewer separation project along portions of Queenstown Street, Lucina Avenue, and Walton Avenue in the Carrick Neighborhood will help to reduce nearby flooding and basement backups.
Progress & Status
Phase One: Phillips Park Stormwater Project
Phase Two: Queenston Sewer Improvements
- Separate wastewater (sanitary sewage) from stormwater in 700 linear feet of existing combined sewer pipes.
- Install new sanitary sewer pipes to convey only wastewater.
- Convert existing combined sewer pipes into dedicated storm sewer pipes to create more room for stormwater.
- Decommission certain existing sanitary and storm sewer pipes.
- Possible installation of sanitary and storm sewer pipes to connect buildings to respective sewers (field and engineering investigation pending).
- The PWSA project team is working with some impacted residents to obtain temporary easements that will allow PWSA crews to complete construction.
Locations & Schedule
Queenston Street from Lucina Avenue to Fairland Street, Walton Avenue from Queenston Street to Wayside Street, and a portion of Lucina Avenue between Queenston Street and Wayside Street
Start Date: Construction Expected Spring 2023 (Pending Permits)
If you have questions, please contact the Project Manager