We are building cost-effective and efficient stormwater solutions in this area of North Point Breeze to capture, hold, and slowly release stormwater runoff.
Progress & Status
This area flows to the A-42 Sewershed; one of the largest sewersheds and highest combined sewer overflow contributors in Pittsburgh to the rivers. This project aims to manage runoff from 12 impervious acres in the surrounding area.
- Gravel stormwater storage under the center medians of Thomas and McPherson Boulevards
- Permeable paver parking lanes along North Linden Avenue with underground gravel stormwater storage
- Gravel stormwater storage under the road along North Dallas Avenue
- Permeable paver "green alley" with underground gravel stormwater storage in Starling Way
Water Main Improvements
- Replaced the existing water mains along McPherson Boulevard between Fifth Avenue and North Dallas Avenue and along North Linden Avenue between McPherson Boulevard and Thomas Boulevard.
- Also replaced all public service lines and any private lead service lines connected to those water mains.
- By coordinating the stormwater, water main replacement, and lead service line replacement projects, we minimized disruptions and more efficiently managed costs.
- McPherson Blvd from Fifth Ave to N Dallas Ave may be closed as needed during work hours. Continue work on restoration items. Expect to continue work on manholes and sewer lines.
- N Linden Ave from Thomas Blvd to Simonton St may be closed as needed during work hours. Continue work on restoration items.
- Starling Way from N Dallas Ave to N Murtland St open to traffic. Continue work on restoration items.
- N Dallas Ave from Thomas Blvd to McPherson Blvd may be closed as needed during work hours. Continue work on restoration items.
- Note: Due to winter weather, expect asphalt paving restoration on N Dallas Ave from Simonton St to Starling Way and on Simonton St next to N Dallas Ave in spring 2023.
*Schedule could change due to weather, unforeseen site conditions, etc.
- This project is partially funded by ALCOSAN’s GROW grant program.
- Thomas and McPherson Street Tree Plan (Posted October 26, 2021)
- February 17, 2022 Community Meeting: Presentation and Recording
- August 24, 2021 Community Meeting: Presentation and Recording
- June 25, 2020 Community Meeting: Presentation, Summary, Recording
- October 2, 2019 Community Meeting: Presentation
- May 23, 2019 Community Meeting: Presentation and Summary
- February 19, 2019 Community Meeting: Presentation and Summary
Locations & Schedule
6700-6800 Thomas and McPherson boulevards, North Linden and North Dallas avenues from McPherson to Thomas boulevards, and Starling Way
Start Date: Design: January 2019. Construction on Thomas Boulevard: August 2021. Rest of Construction: March 2022
Completion Date: Design: Fall 2020. Construction on Thomas Boulevard: December 2021. Rest of Construction: End of 2022. Final Project Paving: Spring 2023
Work Schedule: Usually 7 AM to 5 PM, Monday to Thursday (Fridays and Saturdays possible)
Traffic Patterns: Traffic signs and detours posted, with flaggers on site during active construction. Streets closed during active construction and closed 24/7 as needed for safety
If you have questions about the stormwater project, please contact the Stormwater Project Manager