We are designing cost-effective and efficient stormwater solutions in this area of North Point Breeze to capture, hold, and slowly release stormwater runoff.
Progress & Status
This area flows to the A-42 Sewershed; one of the largest sewersheds and highest combined sewer overflow contributors to the overall sewer system. This project aims to manage runoff from 12 impervious acres in the surrounding area.
Phase One Stormwater Solutions:
- Gravel stormwater storage under the medians of Thomas and McPherson Boulevards
- Permeable paver parking lanes along North Linden Avenue with underground gravel stormwater storage
- Gravel stormwater storage under the road along North Dallas Avenue
- Permeable paver "green alley" with underground gravel stormwater storage in Starling Way
In coordination with the stormwater project, we will replace the existing water mains on McPherson Boulevard and all public and private lead service lines along McPherson Boulevard between Fifth Avenue and North Dallas Avenue and along North Linden and North Dallas avenues from McPherson to Thomas boulevards. By coordinating the stormwater, water main replacement, and lead service line replacement projects, we will minimize disruptions and more efficiently manage costs.
- Project Sheet
- Project FAQ
- February 19, 2019 Community Meeting: Presentation and Meeting Summary
- May 23, 2019 Community Meeting: Presentation and Meeting Summary
- October 2, 2019 Community Meeting: Presentation
- June 25, 2020 Community Meeting: Presentation, Meeting Summary, Meeting Recording, and Exit Survey
Locations & Schedule
Thomas and McPherson boulevards, side streets, and South Linden Avenue from Penn Avenue to Fennimore Street. Phase One: 6700-6800 Thomas and McPherson boulevards, North Linden and North Dallas avenues from McPherson to Thomas boulevards, and Starling Way
Start Date: Project Planning & Design: January 2019. Phase One Construction: Anticipated to begin Spring 2021.
Completion Date: Project Planning & Design: Fall 2020. Phase One Construction: Anticipated to take one year and end in Winter 2021.