Volunteers Field is a city park located in the Carrick neighborhood. The location of the park makes it an effective site to manage stormwater using green stormwater infrastructure solutions.
Progress & Status
This project is the first of several stormwater improvement projects happening in Saw Mill Run as part of the larger Saw Mill Run Integrated Watershed Management Plan. Managing and capturing stormwater in the park will help to reduce sediment and improve water quality throughout Saw Mill Run.
Phase One: Rain Garden
- This engineered basin at the corner of Riota Way and Plateau Street will help to reduce stormwater runoff and sediment pollution within the watershed.
- Stones, sandy soil, and plants will help slow, filter, and evaporate runoff.
- Watch our short virtual ribbon cutting video to learn more about the completed project!
Phase Two: Ballfield Drainage & Regrading
- January 2019 Community Meeting: Presentation and Meeting Summary
- May 2019 Community Meeting: Presentation
Locations & Schedule
Volunteers Field, Carrick Neighborhood
Start Date: Construction: Fall 2019
Completion Date: Construction: Fall 2020
If you have questions, please contact the Project Manager
412-255-8800 ext. 8035