Riverview Park is a city park located in the Perry North neighborhood. This project will use green stormwater infrastructure and tree plantings in the park to capture rainwater runoff.
Progress & Status
Phase One: Riverview Avenue
- Rain garden installations along Riverview Avenue.
- These improvements will reduce park flooding, erosion, and combined sewer overflows to the Ohio River.
- Construction of the rain gardens began in October 2019.
- Over the winter of 2019-2020, a landslide occurred on the hillside above the recently constructed Horseshoe Bend rain garden. Given the impacts to the rain garden, PWSA began designing plans to stabilize the landslide and repair the rain garden. The landslide remediation is currently under design and construction is estimated to begin in summer 2021.
- This project is partially funded by ALCOSAN’s GROW grant program.
Locations & Schedule
Riverview Avenue at Watson’s Run (1) and Horseshoe Bend (2)
Start Date: October 2019
Completion Date: To Be Determined
Traffic Patterns: To be determined once the landslide remediation design is complete