Riverview Park is a city park located in the Perry North neighborhood. This project will use green stormwater infrastructure and tree plantings in the park to capture rainwater runoff.
Progress & Status
Phase One: Riverview Avenue
- Rain garden installations along Riverview Avenue.
- These improvements will reduce park flooding, erosion, and combined sewer overflows to the Ohio River.
- Construction of the rain gardens began in October 2019.
Landslide Remediation Project
- Over the winter of 2019-2020, a landslide occurred on the hillside above the recently constructed Horseshoe Bend rain garden. Given the impacts to the rain garden, PWSA began designing plans to stabilize the landslide and repair the rain garden.
- We have completed our landslide remediation design and are currently waiting on the PWSA Board of Directors to approve funding for construction. Once we have approval from the Board, our contractor Eisler Landscapes will be ready to begin construction for the remediation work in September 2021.
- The construction work includes stabilizing the hillside above the rain garden and restoring the drainage channel and rain garden at Horseshoe Bend that were clogged by the landslide.
- Substantial completion for construction is expected by the end of 2021, with plantings of the vegetated areas to be completed in Spring 2022.
- This project is partially funded by ALCOSAN’s GROW grant program.
Locations & Schedule
Riverview Avenue at Watson’s Run (1) and Horseshoe Bend (2)
Start Date: October 2019. Landslide Remediation: Fall 2021
Completion Date: Landslide Remediation expected complete by end of 2021 with plantings of vegetated areas to be completed in Spring 2022
Traffic Patterns: When landslide remediation starts, Riverview Avenue will remain open to pedestrians and vehicles, although there will be fencing and a route alteration at Horseshoe Bend to keep people out of the construction zone.