Riverview Park is a city park located in the Perry North neighborhood. This project will use green stormwater infrastructure in the park to capture rainwater runoff, stabilize streams, and redirect and store stream water.
Progress & Status
Phase Two: Mairdale Avenue
- Stream restoration work and rain gardens in the lower portion of Riverview Park near the Mairdale Avenue entrance.
- Tree plantings will also increase rainwater capture.
- These improvements will reduce park flooding, erosion, and combined sewer overflows to the Ohio River.
- This phase is undergoing a redesign to evaluate flood mitigation.
- In December 2021, the Joint Permit Application to the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PA DEP) and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers was submitted for review.
Locations & Schedule
Mairdale Avenue rain gardens (3), Mairdale Avenue park entrance stormwater management facility (4), Old Wissahickon Road stream and forest restoration (5), and wetland and stream restoration (6)
Start Date: Construction expected 2023, pending permit approval